Ephesians 3:16-18

I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your
hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is (Ephesians 3:16-18).

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

When There Are No Words

What do you say to a family when their baby boy is sick and not responding to treatment?  What do you say to a woman and her children after her husband says he is seeing someone else? What do you say when the doctor says, "There is no heart beat?" What do you say to those who are fighting for joy?  What do you say?  It is in these times when I find it hard to pray.  I find it hard to find words of comfort.  I have no words of comfort for I am just a woman.  I long to hold the hurting and mend their broken hearts. Lately I have been burdened by situations such as these. Today the burden is heavy and my heart is breaking for that which breaks His. It is true I have no words, but when I cannot speak, the Spirit begins to speak for me.
I believe even in these times God is moving.  His glory will be made clear. Our minds are not capable of seeing what the future holds, but He knows. As I read a simple devotional today I was reminded He is not limited to time or space. He is everywhere at all times working on our behalf. We have two choices, one "go it alone," or two, "walk with Him in humble steps of dependence." Both seem difficult, but going through pain alone is impossible.  It is a road that leads to total destruction.

Father,
I have no words to comfort those I love who are going through difficult times.  I don't understand the loss of a child or sicknesses which are placed on children, but I know You are in control even when my mind cannot comprehend.  Your plans are much greater than mine.  Your ways are perfect even when my human heart does not fathom the "why's" of this world. My flesh prays for healing and restoration.  My heart begs that you would raise platelets so a child I hold dear to my heart would not require a bone marrow biopsy, but would miraculously be healed.  It is choosing to praise You in the storm and this storm is hard.  Please let us feel Your presence.  Hold baby boy's mom and dad in your arms through this time. Hold baby boy so very tightly in this moment. Though life breaks and falls apart, please show us something amazing, we are waiting to see let it not be unredeemed.

Life breaks and falls apart
                                                                        But we know these are places where grace 
is soon to be so amazingIt may be unfulfilledIt may be unrestored
But when anything that's shattered is laid before the lord
Just watch and seeIt will not be unredeemed

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Beautiful, Casey!

Megan said...

God really is working through you and this blog. You always speak to my heart. I'm so glad that we can pray for God to give us words to say, because in bad situations, no one really knows what to say. Only He can offer true comfort.

The Heart Of A Woman said...

Thank you Laurie and Megan you are right. Only He can offer us true comfort.