Ephesians 3:16-18

I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your
hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is (Ephesians 3:16-18).

Monday, July 16, 2012

Reading Plan: Fear and Anxiety

I recently discovered the bible app I use allows me to create reading plans.  I have created plans based on topic.
The app recommends you:

  • Pray: God, connect with me here, as I seek you in your Word. Begin with focus and openness to see what God has for you.
  • Read: the selected section of Scripture slowly. Take note of intriguing words and phrases and read them a second time.
  • Reflect: on what strikes you as you read. Think through what God is communicating to you at this point in your life.
  • Respond: to the passage. Speak to God directly about what's on your mind and heart. Look for ways to live out what you've uncovered.
I struggle with many things, but at this moment fear and anxiety are stealing my joy.  Instead of taking a back seat to these two evils, I am reading truth to fight against these lies! Today's verse for anxiety was:


    Mon Jul 16

    Day 3 of 7
Philippians 4:6-8
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.


PRAY, PRAY, PRAY!  This is the word that stand out to me.  In all things pray and with thanksgiving!  I also remember a wonderful girl sharing how her older sister used this verse to teach her to hold thoughts captive by asking:

  • Is it true?
  • Is it pure?
  • Is it lovely?  
  • Is it of good report?


Now it is time to apply these truths to my life.  They are easy for me to read, but I need them to penetrate my heart!


1 comment:

Emily grapes said...

Those are some of my favorite verses. What app is that? I have the you version bible app. That would be neat to create a reading plan.

Emily at Amazing Grapes