Ephesians 3:16-18

I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your
hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is (Ephesians 3:16-18).

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Thankfulness

Each morning I am attempting to thank God before I get out of bed.  This is day two and I almost forgot that I had set this goal (talk about a bad memory).  I looked on my bible app and saw the verse for today which said:

Psalm 50:14-15
“Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, and call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”

I was thankful for this gentle reminder.  After getting out of bed my husband and I listened to TGP's podcast and through the podcast I was reminded to be thankful and give thanks to the Lord. During the podcast, Kevin also read 2 Chronicles 20:15-17, which spoke loudly to me.

15 He said: “Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.16 Tomorrow march down against them. They will be climbing up by the Pass of Ziz, and you will find them at the end of the gorge in the Desert of Jeruel. 17 You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.’”

I have written about my struggles with fear.  It's so easy for me to forget, God is in control and the battle is for Him and is His.  We have had Jesus go before us and die for us.  What then shall we fear?  He conquered death!  


I was also very thankful this morning for a beautiful baby girl that I had the privilege to meet last night!

Emmaline, you are loved so much already!  I am very thankful for this new baby and her wonderful parents! Congratulations Kara and Kerri! 

15 

2 comments:

Emily grapes said...

Aww, what a sweet baby girl.

Great verses, I hope your fear can be overcome knowing He's taken care of everything for us through the cross...what is there really to fear?

The Poole Family said...

What a sweet pic of emmaline!!!!!!!! This makes me so excited for all the adorable babies coming this winter!!!! Landry, Eden, and hopefully a baby Sharbono.... ???? ;)