Ephesians 3:16-18

I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your
hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is (Ephesians 3:16-18).

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Miracle Baby

"He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea." (Matthew 18:2-6)
July 6, 2010, was a day that changed my families life forever. It was the day my nephew was welcomed into this world.  We only had a few moments to admire his beauty when we sensed something was not right.  Doctor's could not explain what was happening.  He was born full term, but after his birth things were anything but normal.  He remained in the hospital for about a month, but those first three days were the most exhausting days I have ever experienced.  We had a love for a child we just met that could not be explained.  It was and is a deep love.  I would lay down my life for this child to be healed.  The Doctor's said if he made it through the first three days he would have a chance to live. They all said it would be a miracle.  

What happened in those three days will forever be engraved on my heart.  People we rarely knew hit their knees and prayed for this baby.  Prayer was poured over him in ways I had never experienced before.  My dad was a rock for our family.  Yes, he wept but he was also strong when we were on our face crying.  Pleading the blood of Jesus over this baby never stopped.  He continues to suffer from a rare form of anemia and may need transfusions for the rest of his life, but our prayer is he will be healed completely.  Baby boy, God has used you to call me and your uncle to a more intimate relationship with Him. God began using you before you were born and continues to use you every day.  

He came into this world fighting

It has been a long road, but he manages to stay cheerful

Always smiling

Oh, how we as Aunts,  longed to hold him.

Baby boy and his Nanny

Baby boy and his Grandame

The day he finally got to come home!  No, he couldn't eat the cookie cake, but we sure enjoyed it!


Mommy holding him his first day home

Uncle holding him his first day home

One of his many Aunts, after waiting a month finally getting to hold the sweet baby

Baby boy continues to undergo transfusions and it amazes me how happy he is even when being poked by needles! He loves when his grandpa is home!  Bryce admires grandpa and with good reason!

He is just a little boy who likes to have fun!

Loving on his dad

His favorite past time is playing ball!

Cool little dude hanging out with some of his favorite people


He loves spending time with Grandpa

He loves seeing the girls

His Aunts love spending time with him!


This is him undergoing a transfusion March 13, 2012.  So peaceful even in the midst of
 having an i.v. in his little body. Truly a gift from above!  I am so thankful for the month of July!
You are growing before our eyes.  I will always owe you more than I give.  God has worked wonderful things through you already.  He continues to use you.
Father,
I thank you for my precious nephew. He continues to be a blessing.  He was given a rough start, but you were glorified through it all. You continue to receive glory through this child. I thank you for drawing us closer to You through the trial.  We thought we were going to lose a baby we had just met.  I pray that as he grows, he would lead more people to You.  I pray for his salvation even at this young age.  I desire for him to be drawn close to You.  Thank You for holding him so tightly when he undergoes transfusion.  Thank You for his life and the way he loves.  He is a gift, just as all children are.  He does not belong to any one of this world, but to You, as we all do.  Our lives are not or own.  I thank you again for such as special blessing given to our ordinary family.

1 comment:

Emily grapes said...

What a precious little boy. I'm sure it was torture those first few months for your sister and your whole family. I hope over time he doesn't need transfusions anymore and he heals.

So glad he's still with you guys today.

Emily at Amazing Grapes