Ephesians 3:16-18

I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your
hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is (Ephesians 3:16-18).

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Blessing

Love is not a place to come and go as we please. It's a house we enter in and then commit to never leave so lock the door behind you throw away the key we'll work it out together let it bring us to our knees. Love is a shelter in a raging storm. Love is peace in the middle of a warIf we try to leave may God send angels to guard the door. No, love is not a fight but it's something worth fighting for!

The words to this song will forever hold a special place in my heart.  They are the words sang at our wedding.  September 9, 2009, was a day a new journey began in my life. I have many blessing in my life, but I want to dedicate this blog to the blessing who encourages me to be more like Christ! 

The journey of dating began
I am thankful for the fun times we have had and continue to have
How could I say anything but...YES!

How could I have known the blessing God had in store for us the day I said yes?
The engagement 
I am thankful for the way he looks at me!

I am thankful for the day we became husband and wife!

My husband has never been fancy :0) 
Honeymoon
Memories being made!


 Is he perfect? No, but who is? Is he who God intended me to spend my life with? Yes! When I was a child I prayed for a man who loved God.  I prayed for a man who would love me and love children.  God gave me more than I could have ever asked for.  He inspires me to forgive and forget.  He is becoming more like Christ every day.  He picks me up when I am down.  He cares for me when I am sick.  He reminds me the Lord loves me even when loving myself is difficult.  He is my spiritual leader and I could not ask for more than that.



 

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm so glad that you found your God given love. This post made me feel so grateful for true love.