Ephesians 3:16-18

I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your
hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is (Ephesians 3:16-18).

Friday, March 9, 2012

Changes Being Made


"In the reading of the Word, are you getting to Jesus? In the study of the Word, are you getting to Jesus? In your prayer life, are you getting to Jesus? In your prayer life, are you getting to Jesus? In your group life, are you getting to Jesus? Is it getting you to Jesus because, ultimately, if it’s not getting us to that, then it’s, as Jesus said, in vain."  Taken from Matt Chandler's sermon. 


To the baby we may never know, but are so very thankful for! A child we believed would be adopted into our family.
I wish I could have taken time to blog yesterday.  I woke up at 3 a.m. yesterday morning, but was lost in the word and prayer.  I was burdened for loved ones.  I was ready for work by 6 a.m. and many answered prayers happened on that hour and a half drive!  Baby boy's platelets were coming up and continue coming up!!!  A marriage that was broken may be restored!!!  I communicated with the mother whose child we believed would be ours.  She is doing well and I pray the Lord uses that baby to show the young girl she is loved.  This morning I reflected on my first prayers I journaled.  God is delivering me from so much anger and emotional baggage.  When our hearts desires line up with God's and people hit their knees and pray in unison that the Lords "will" shall prevail, He answers!  I don't know that a child is God's will for our lives.  I somewhat believe it is, but I am content in this moment.  I don't know if He will allow healing from fatigue, endometriosis and mysterious pain, but I do know I will praise Him anyway. I know He has the power and I know He doesn't cause the pain.  The pain and suffering come from a fallen world. What Satan uses in attempts to destroy us and break us, God can use to restore us! I do know I will not always be on the mountaintop looking down, but I want to remember the blessings He has bestowed when I am in the valley.  He is faithful and He is able.  His glory will reign and the desires of His heart will prevail.  I want the desires of my heart to be the same as His! I want joy in the midst of a fallen world.

In one of his sermons, Matt Chandler discusses a family in his church that has been through, is going through a difficult time.  He said as he walked in the room with the family there were tears, confusion, perplexion, loss and angst. They were praying and asking the Holy Spirit to minister to them, to minister to the group and to minister to the family. They were asking and crying out on behalf of this family. And then the dad comes in, puts his arms around them and starts to pray with them. Despite the fact that there was no happiness in that room, there was an unshakable joy in that room. There was a confidence in God that was not removed from this precious family by horrific circumstances. 
http://www.thevillagechurch.net/media/sermons/transcripts/201202051115FMWC21ASAAA_MattChandler_GalatiansPt1-AnAstonishingTrade.pdf  






3 comments:

Emily grapes said...

You have such a great spirit. I can't imagine going through what those families are going through, and I only pray God restores them, giving them and you the comfort to continue to look up at Him. :)

The Heart Of A Woman said...

I am really blessed to have met you Emily!

Megan said...

Were y'all trying to adopt? I definitely feel that Satan works so HARD during the hard times to sway us, but we have to know that God is always working for our good. God is SO SO good!! So glad Parker is showing improvement!!