Ephesians 3:16-18

I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your
hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is (Ephesians 3:16-18).

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Endometriosis Awareness Month

I stumbled upon a website yesterday that revealed to me this month is recognized as "Endometriosis Awareness Month." For those reading this blog who are unfamiliar with Endometriosis (I will call it Endo for short) it is defined by pub med as, " a female health disorder that occurs when cells from the lining of the womb (uterus) grow in other areas of the body. This can lead to pain, irregular bleeding, and problems getting pregnant (infertility)." Doctors do not know an exact cause and there is no cure.  To a person who has a disease to which there is no cure hope can seem lost.  To a woman who has been told children will be difficult to conceive or worse they are subjected to having hysterectomies at young ages, hope can seem lost.  For those who are literally wasting away inwardly, but appear to be healthy to others, hope can seem lost. When you feel all alone in a battle against an unseen disease, hope can seem lost.  Friends and family don't seem to understand and some may even believe it's not real, because it is unseen.  Wow!  I just realized an unseen disease parallels in some ways with an unseen Heavenly Father.  He is not seen by the naked eye, but His power is evident in every day things.  He performs miracles, some seen and some unseen.  Hope is not lost, because Christ paid the ultimate price when He came from Heaven to be beaten, persecuted, and abandoned by those He loved the most, to die the most painful death one can imagine.  Hope in the Lord!


Father,
I thank You for a hope that cannot be broken.  I think you for a hope in a Savior.  I thank you for words written that say, "Therefore we do not lose heart, though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal (2 Corinthians 4:16-18). I thank you for the girl who doesn't know me well and had no idea I was struggling, but you gave her the words from 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 to share with me.  She did not know my struggles, but she wrote words on a note card and handed that card to me, because she was obedient when You spoke to her. I pray that You will give doctors and researchers the wisdom, desire, and finances to find a cause and a cure for endometriosis and other under-researched diseases. Sustain us and let our hope be in You and not of things found in this world.  Let us not be so focused on our own problems that we forget to praise You in the storms of life.  I do pray for healing!  Healing of spirits, souls, bodies, and minds. I love you King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  I love You Mighty Healer and Protector!  I love You Jesus Christ my Savior.  Thank you for the Holy Spirit.  May the Holy Spirit consume me even in my weaknesses.  In Jesus name I pray these things, amen. 
My hope is ,in You Lord all the day long I won't be shaken by drought or storm. A peace that passes understanding is my song and I sing my hope is in You, Lord!



No comments: