Ephesians 3:16-18

I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your
hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is (Ephesians 3:16-18).

Friday, June 7, 2013

Why I blog...

Why do I blog?  I have asked myself this question numerous times.  I went through a period that I thought it was pointless.  I don't have a huge blog and I don't think I will ever promote it, so why do it? Today, I read my first blog entry and I was reminded why I started.  I also read things that I needed to see and I was made aware of how God is working in my life.  I am thankful for changes He has made.  If I ever doubt, all I have to do is read the stories of how God has shown Himself to little old me time and time again.  He has lifted me out of the pit of depression more times than I can count.  He is teaching me the meaning of "fear not for I am with you." I post on this blog for His glory.  I really do hope and pray that every word glorifies the Lord.  I hope words that are not of God will be read over, with no thought given to them.  At times, the posts will be about life lately and very light hearted (I have a baby that is full of joy). Even Especially in those moments I hope to remember we are able to have fun, lighthearted moments only because of the grace and mercy of God.

My first post can be read here! So much has changed since then, but so much has remained the same.  I still struggle and fall short all the time! I still hear lies, but I really am learning to "take each thought captive." I was given a child by a miraculous event!  My heart still breaks for those who long for children or who have lost a child.  I still don't understand the "why" behind childless mothers and I never will.  I do believe God will be glorified, even through events that satan wishes to use to destroy us.  Some of the moms who were on my heart during that first post, have conceived or been given a child through adoption since that post.  Two of those women will adopt a child within the next year or two.  

I have to note, I am so excited about Titus.  This is a child who will be adopted by one of my very best friends.  We have been praying for this baby for over two years.  I believe with all my heart we will be holding him within the next year.  I believe I will be posting pictures of this sweet little boy soon! It has been a long road, but baby you are coming home soon! 

1 comment:

Rach said...

I'm so glad that you have stayed with blogging. I've been so blessed to get to know you! :)