Ephesians 3:16-18

I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your
hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is (Ephesians 3:16-18).

Monday, February 27, 2012

Choosing to worship


Yesterday was tough.  Every word spoken during worship I would cry out, "Does that apply to me?" I didn't believe the words applied to my life. God felt so far away and my heart ached.  A person I hold dear to my heart asked me to watch the video "The Desert Song," by Hillsong and then listen to the story behind the song.  I have been putting it off for four days now.  WOW!  It was such a blessing.  Jill McCloghry stated, "Right now it's choosing to worship even when I don't feel like it.  I know that my circumstances and this season doesn't change that God is still God, it doesn't change that God has called me to be here and what He has called me to do.  He is still on the throne and bigger than everything I'm facing." I am by no means a good singer, but I do love to sing praises most of the time.  Yesterday I felt cold.  I didn't even want to speak the words.  Listening to the story behind, "The Desert Song" was a slap in the face!  It was the kind of slap that felt good, if thats possible.  It's choosing to worship even when I don't feel like it.  There are so many days I just don't feel like it, but I did choose to pray yesterday.  Today I will choose to listen and obey.  

I have already admitted my heart is deceptive.  
This verse speaks directly to my heart.  God is my strength!  
I am as weak as they come and if I depend on my own abilities I will fail miserably.
How wonderful it is to know we will not be tempted beyond what we can handle!
 He will always provide a way out!

Father, 
     Thank You for being my strength when I have none.  Thank You for being faithful.  Most of the time when I am in the storm I can't see a way out, but I believe it is there.  Speaking the name of Jesus does calm the storm.  When I keep my eyes fixed upon Jesus I can walk on water without sinking.  Forgive me for constantly taking my eyes off of Jesus.  The way out exist even in the land-mine of insecurity.  Help me overcome my insecurities.  Revive me Lord not for me, but for Your name.  In Your mercy deliver me from my enemies.  Father I do believe, help my unbelief.  I love You and thank You for Your son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.  I pray I do not lose heart, but hold onto every truth You have given. If any read this blog I pray you will bless them as they are reading.  Be with them throughout the day and allow them to feel Your presence.  



No comments: