Ephesians 3:16-18

I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your
hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is (Ephesians 3:16-18).

Monday, September 10, 2012

My Siblings

I have been given many gifts I am extremely thankful for and my siblings are no exceptions.  I am told by my dad that as a child I would pray, "God will you give me a sister, brother, another sister, another brother, another sister, and another brother..." My dad said at times he would have to stop me and say, "Okay that's enough." I am now 28 years old and have not one, but five younger siblings. I am the oldest of six!  I waited many years and each sibling is special to my heart.  I thought of three of them as my babies, because they are much younger than me and I often was given the privilege of babysitting.  I changed diapers and wiped away tears from their eyes when they were babies.  Now that they are grown I still wish I could wipe away their hurts, but I know I cannot.  

I still remember how they used to look up to me.  I thought each of them were mine and they do continue to hold such a special place in my heart.  I cannot imagine life without them.



Each of them have surpassed me in height, but I continue to be the "big" sister and they are my babies


You each took my breath away the day you were born. I will never be able to describe the love I have for you all.

 I love my sisters


This was my wedding day and I was told that it was my day to relax, but the way I relaxed was to take care of my sisters.   

Baby brother, when did you grow up?  You were always my sweet baby boy.  I packed you around as if you were my child....
...and then you grew taller than me. I could no longer pack you around, but I love you just the same!

Morgan and Tyler I love you very much.  You came into my life when I was a selfish teenager and I do wish I would have taken more time for you two.  I am thankful for the time we have now.  I am thankful for each of you.

Father,
I thank You for sisters and brothers.  As a child I prayed for many and that is what you granted.  Each of them are special to me.  I thank You for your grace and mercy. 

2 comments:

Emily grapes said...

How sweet! I love that you kept praying for one after another after another. I'm sure your dad loved that. haha

What a treat you're so close to your siblings!!
Emily at Amazing Grapes

The Poole Family said...

This is so sweet, case!!!! Your prayer asking for more and more is so funny! How precious!! And I loooove seeing all the pictures! So neat!! Loved this!!