Ephesians 3:16-18

I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your
hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is (Ephesians 3:16-18).

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Priceless

Jesus says in John 8:31 and 32, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth and the truth will make you free."  He also says in verse 8:36, "So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed."

I just finished a wonderful book by Lisa Bevere called, "Out of Control and Loving It."  Many great points were made in this book and I plan to read more of her material.  It seems some of the things she struggled with are similar to my struggles.  One of the strongest statements made in this book was, "IT IS A PRICELESS FREEDOM THAT YOU MUST FIGHT FOR!"  To be honest, I haven't felt like fighting.  I am beginning to feel the fight build up in me, but three weeks ago I was far from it.  I have decided when Landry sleeps I will not nap or clean.  I will pick up my Bible and I will spend more time with God.  In the back of my mind I hear, "So what if you spend more time with God, you still will be trapped and feel worthless."  It hurts to hear these things, but the absolute truth is "satan is a murderer and does not stand in truth!"  It is plainly written, IF YOU CONTINUE IN MY WORD…YOU WILL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!  

Many of my friends have been weary and burdened lately.  Satan and our flesh is attacking from every angle.  Why wouldn't he?  He is the king of darkness and lies and he does not want us to accomplish the will of our Father.  In her book, "Girls with Swords," Lisa wrote, "I believe the attacks on your life have much more to do with who you might be in the future than who you have been in the past." I completely agree with this statement.  Satan likes to keep us so focused on our past or a sin that we struggle with that we just can't seem overcome.  If he can keep us focused on our failures, then we will not grow in Christ.  I used to think, well I've messed up so why not just keep on messing up? What is the point of trying?  This mind set has made me useless.  There is an out!  

It is written    



1 comment:

Rach said...

Casey, I think spending Landry's naptime in prayer & with your Bible is the BEST idea! You will grow so much from that. Just spending time resting in the Lord is so good for the soul. Making that effort really will be a huge step in fighting. So proud of you.

And I can't agree more with the quote about the attacks in life having to do with who you can be in the future. It seems as if Satan attacks most when we are a threat to him. That's why complacency is so terrible. We get caught up in our day-to-day and forget the big picture of who we are called to be. But yeah, definitely agree with you!