Ephesians 3:16-18

I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your
hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is (Ephesians 3:16-18).

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Unwelcomed Guests

Dear Insomnia and Nausea,

I do not know why you feel as if you have the right to visit me once again.  My sleep is important to me and you Insomnia rip it out from under me.  I lie in bed all night and am lucky to get two hours of sleep in a 24 hour period.  You will not get the best of me.  This is my home and you should leave.  Nausea, you are just plain annoying.  You haven't come back in full force, but you are still a nuisance.  In six weeks our baby will be here and you my dear friend enemy are not to hinder my precious time with my precious child.  I know your friend Insomnia will visit, but it better be due to a baby keeping me up and not these annoying thoughts that will not leave my mind.  Yes, it is true, each of you almost convinced me that it was time to be depressed once again.  The two of you make a great viscous team!  I was ready to lose my mind, cry, and crawl in a hole.  I am here to tell you, it's not going to happen and you two will not win this battle!  I will add,  you probably would win if I were fighting alone, but I'm not.  My God is bigger than you two and He is bigger than your relatives fear and anxiety.  I also have friends and family who love and care for me.  If you decide to stay I really can't do much about it, but you are staying as a guest who are not welcomed!


On a brighter  note, yesterday was my last birthday to have without caring for a child!  Next year I will have a little toddler walking around!  I can't wait to see what it is like to have the joy of a child brighten my 30th birthday!  Maybe it will be my 30th or maybe it will be my second time to be 29. Either way, God willing, I am sure it will be a brighter birthday having a baby to hug! I am so thankful for my husband who brought me some of my favorite food on my birthday.  I didn't feel like getting out, because I was so tired, but he still drove out of his way to do something special for me.  Then we sat on our big comfy chair all night and cuddled.  It really is my favorite thing to do!

Thank you Father for my husband.  Thank you for all the friends and family who wished me a happy birthday and thank you for always carrying me.

1 comment:

Emily grapes said...

Whaaaaaaat?! How did I not know it was your birthday yesterday!!?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! (you still get to celebrate throughout the week. ;)

I hope you have a wonderful 29th year and you kick that nausea to the curb! I'd say insomnia too, but we both know the kid will keep you up. ;p