Ephesians 3:16-18

I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your
hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is (Ephesians 3:16-18).

Monday, October 22, 2012

Overwhelmed

Yesterday, a shower was given in honor of our baby girl.  I cannot even write this blog post without tearing up.  We were literally showered with gifts. I am overwhelmed with the love we were shown.  I am brought to tears every time I think about how God chose to give Alan and I the gift of a baby.  One of my dear friends prayed at the shower and her words touched my heart.  She thanked God for doing the impossible.  She thanked Him for unblocking fallopian tubes and healing diseases.  I don't want to forget that God did the impossible in my body.  There will be times when I need doctors, but God said NO doctors for this situation in my life.  He would have been given the glory even if the doctors would have performed more procedures, but through the way He chose to heal my body, there is no denying that it was an act of God.

 It is so easy to forget, our Father sent His son to this world and His son died a terrible death on the cross to save sinners.  That is the ultimate gift and grace has already been given.  He thought enough of us to save our souls.  I know I don't deserve any of these gifts and I have been thinking lately how thankful I am to be given the gift of a child.  Sure, I am scared of what the future holds.  I don't know how to be a mommy and I am sure I will make many mistakes.  I will need my child to forgive me and I will have to forgive my child.  I am already beginning to think about how many times a day I break the heart of God.  He shows more mercy than I will ever deserve!

Father,
Thank you for Jesus, our hope and salvation! Thank you for the Holy Spirit who "intercedes for us!"  Thank you for miracles and specifically for the miracle of life you have given to my family.  I do want to pray for a special friend.  I pray she will experience the gift of a child one day.  She reminds me so much of Hannah from the Bible.  She praises you in storms and continually gives thanks.  Father I pray you would open her womb like you have mine and many of my friends.  Open her womb like you did Hannah's.  We don't deserve any gift, so I thank you in advance, because I do believe you will bless her and her husband with a child one day.  When that day comes all will know it was an act that only our Father in Heaven could perform.  Above all I pray for your will and not ours.  

2 comments:

Emily grapes said...

So glad you had a wonderful and loving shower!!

I was just thinking of God's miracles this morning and how truly NOTHING is impossible for Him. Even what seems like the impossible to us... it put me in awe this morning as I wrapped my brain around it. What a blessing that He healed you to have this baby. :)
Emily at Amazing Grapes

Rach said...

You have such a sweet and precious heart. Thanks for sharing this.