Ephesians 3:16-18

I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your
hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is (Ephesians 3:16-18).

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mercy

Lately, I have been more aware that we are truly at the mercy of God.  I have known this fact for a long time, but recently it has been extremely clear to me.  I control nothing in this life. We as humans control nothing.  It is difficult for someone like me, a complete control freak, to let go and let God. If I choose not to let go, then my life will be filled with fear, anxiety, and I will miss out on enjoying every blessing the Lord chooses to give.

This is a beautiful video and worth watching! 

Father,
I am thankful that this life is in Your hands and not mine.  I deserve death, but You have chosen to give me life by sending Jesus.  This life is filled with uncertainties, but Your love for Your children is something I am sure of.  You have already given the ULTIMATE GIFT!  In Christ alone my hope is found.  He is my light, my strength, my song. This Cornerstone, this solid ground. Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.  In Christ alone, who took on flesh Fullness of God in helpless Babe
This gift of love and righteousness. Scorned by the ones He came to save. Til on that cross as Jesus diedThe wrath of God was satisfied. For every sin on Him was laid. Here in the death of Christ I live.There in the ground His body layLight of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ
No guilt in life, no fear in death. This is the power of Christ in me. From a life's first cry to final breathJesus commands my destiny. No power of hell, no scheme of man Could ever pluck me from His handTil He returns or calls me home. Here in the power of Christ I stand. I will stand, I will stand. All other ground is sinking sand. All other ground, all other ground. Is sinking sand, is sinking sand. So I stand! 

2 comments:

Megan said...

So beautiful. Love you and love your heart!!

Emily grapes said...

Its hard for me too. I always want to fight it and be the one in control, but its a relief when getting to the point of letting Him be in charge.