Ephesians 3:16-18

I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your
hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is (Ephesians 3:16-18).

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Easter

The majority of this post will be about our Easter, but I have to write down one of my favorite things in the world!!!  I LOVE when my husband walks in the door and kisses me before doing anything else.  He has a routine.  He kisses my head, washes his hands, and then sits to play with Landry!  I love it!  We also get bye kisses every day!  I'm so thankful that Landry has a daddy like Alan!

Also, this should be a three part post. It is long!

Our Easter weekend started early. We spent the WHOLE WONDERFUL week in Shreveport.  It was like a minnie vacation!

We attended the wedding of Pops and Mames:


The easter bunny came to Shreveport for Landry.  This was on a Friday afternoon.  We cheated and gave it to her early.  Who wants to wake up extra early on Sunday?  Not us!  Shhh!


We gave Missy her mothers day/birthday gift early and she LOVED it!  


 I could not pass this giant ducky up in the story! Landry loves Ducks!  She calls everything ducky!  Birds are ducky, chickens are ducky, etc.  


Aren't they beautiful?!


She liked the bubbles more than hunting eggs!

On Easter Sunday we went to church, then headed to see family!  Alan and I had the nursery, but Lis and I combined classes and the husbands went to rescue a friend who was in an automobile accident.  Mrs. Bonnie prepared the Lord's Supper for the kiddos!  She is so creative!  They had fancy plates and cups!  They loved it!  We had a blast!


  I love these two! Landry wouldn't take a picture.

In the words of my younger sisters, We are SEEESTERS!

Morgan has a ring on that left finger!  She is getting married in November!

Pictures are for the birds or duckies if you are Landry! 

These two are crazy about one another.  I know you can't tell from Landry's expression, but they really are!


I love my Hannah Nanna!

Grandpa's favorite thing to do is to tickle Landry.  He turns into the tickle monster and the grandkids think it is the funniest thing ever!





After leaving Grandpa and Mae Mae's house, we went to Landry's GREAT, GREAT Grandmother's house.  Yup you read that correctly!  I am sad that we didn't get a generation picture!

Landry with her Grandmother and Great-Grandmother!  It is still strange to think of my mom as a Grandmother.

Maw Maw Linda did a great job organizing activities.  We had an easter egg hunt for big kids (that's me) and the little ones (that's Landry)!  We also had a water balloon toss and egg race.



Cousin Henry





To heck with the little eggs!


Landry and Maw Maw!


This child is just too precious!

Grandpa and Mae Mae got Landry a HUGE easter bunny with big eyes! Daddy said it made him think of Landry!

Yes, we are in the bathroom.  The light was better. Don't judge! Ha!

And….. The best part of the day was Tucker being born!  He was born on my Grandmother's birthday!  This was Memommy's first birthday spent in Heaven and Tucker's first birthday on Earth!  Baby Tucker you are special in SOOOOO many ways!




2 comments:

Amanda Wissmann said...

That is so sweet about your husband :) Love it!

Looks like an amazing Easter! All of Landry's little outfits are SO adorable! and the pic with her chocolate face- priceless :)

Hope your friend in the accident was ok?!

And oh gosh- I teared up about Tucker and your Memommy! What a wonderful, beautiful blessing that they share a birthday! That will be so special every year!

Happy friday friend!

Rach said...

Aww, I know so many of those sweet faces in the last picture! Makes me happy to know your friends. :) Welcome baby Tucker!

Also, I love that picture of Landry with the chocolate on her face (her eyes are so pretty!). :) Looks like a great Easter for all of you!