Ephesians 3:16-18

I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your
hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is (Ephesians 3:16-18).

Thursday, December 26, 2013

A Thank You

It is hard to believe it has been a week since my Grandmother (Memommy) passed away.  Christmas has come and gone.  Many of us felt an emptiness in our hearts that was left by a bitter-sweet memory.  We grieve our loss, but rejoice in knowing she is in a far better place.  The funeral was beautiful.  Her children did "Rise and call her blessed."  I was one of the children who was asked to read.  My Aunts wanted me to read my blog post titled, "Lord Willing."  They told me they read it to her about five minutes before she took her last breath.  I made  it through without melting down, only by the grace of God and prayers which were being sent up by friends and family

I want to thank every last one of the people who came to her funeral.  I want to thank the ones who sent flowers because they could not be there.  My heart melted seeing arrangements sent by my sweet friends and family.  When I looked out into the congregation I saw a body of believers from our home church.  My dear, sweet friends drove 45 minutes to support us on a difficult day.  I want to thank our worship leader and his wife for dropping everything so he could play the piano at my grandmother's funeral.  I want to thank each of you for allowing the love of Christ to shine so brightly!  One friend told me she was blessed to have been a part of the service.  Memommy wanted the gospel to go forth!  That is exactly what happened in those brief moments of her funeral.  Her oldest, living son preached it!   One son read it!  Her grandchildren wrote, read, and sang it!  The love of Christ was poured out on that day!

How can anyone keep going after losing someone they love and not having the hope of being reunited?  I am thankful for the "hope that does not disappoint."  I know the truth, "Weeping may last for the night, but joy comes in the morning!"  In the words of my oldest cousin, "Memommy is singing like never before, BLESS THE LORD OH MY SOUL!"

Rest in peace beautiful lady.  I will forever be grateful for the hours you spent with me and the prayers poured out on my behalf.  I will always look at Landry and remember how hard you prayed for me to have a baby.  After the doctors said it would not happened, you said only God knows.  God is in control, not a doctor.  You had so many children and grandchildren and you never showed favoritism.  I appreciated that about you!  We all knew we were loved by you.  Our spouses knew it to.  Every time you saw Jen, Alan, etc. you would say, "You are mine and became mine when you married into this family."  You loved us all and we love you.  


1 comment:

Rach said...

Casey, this made me cry. It is so obvious how much you have loved your grandmother and what a special lady she was. I am glad that you had such a wonderful relationship with her and that she has impacted so many people for Christ. Beautiful tribute, friend.