Ephesians 3:16-18

I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your
hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is (Ephesians 3:16-18).

Friday, July 26, 2013

Kittens and Kids

Somehow, long story, we ended up with three kittens in a short amount of time.  My nephew visited the other day and he fell in love with one of the kittens.  This kitty didn't stand a chance against a three year old boy.  The kitten (who Bryce named Nala) was very sweet.  She never tried to scratch and she went along with everything that Bryce put her through.  When Bryce had to leave the kitten started following him.  It was super sweet!  It made for some cute pictures!


Grandpa, Bryce, and Nala!  I love how my dad is holding baby food.  It looks like he is about to take a big bite of baby squash! 

No worries!  He was really just feeding Landry!

We have two other kittens as well, but Bryce was not interested in playing with these two!  He just wanted to torture the little girl kitten.

Landry watches every step Bryce takes.  She admires him and already thinks he is the best!  I remember looking up to some of my older cousins as well!  One was and is like a brother to me!

I love her little squash covered mouth!







These next few shots melt my heart!





On days like this, I really understand the saying, "It's the little things in life I am thankful for."  God is good all the time.  I am thankful for anxiety free days, watching Landry get kisses from Grandpa, and seeing my nephew be carefree.  By looking at Bryce, it is hard to tell how sick he has been and how many times we have been afraid for his little life.  When I look at him, I see a child who is full of life and trust.  His circumstances do not define him.  Sometimes I need to put on the lenses of a child and trust more.  I know God holds everything in His hands and he cares for us, so I should stop and trust in Him!


Psalm 146
1Praise the Lord.a
Praise the Lord, my soul.
2I will praise the Lord all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
3Do not put your trust in princes,
in human beings, who cannot save.
4When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;
on that very day their plans come to nothing.
5Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the Lord their God.
6He is the Maker of heaven and earth,
the sea, and everything in them—
he remains faithful forever.
7He upholds the cause of the oppressed
and gives food to the hungry.
The Lord sets prisoners free,
8the Lord gives sight to the blind,
the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down,
the Lord loves the righteous.
9The Lord watches over the foreigner
and sustains the fatherless and the widow,
but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.
10The Lord reigns forever,
your God, O Zion, for all generations.
Praise the Lord.



2 comments:

Jaimee Granberry said...

Love this. : )

Rach said...

!! Oh, I just LOVE these! The ones of Landry and her grandpa are beyond precious! And the ones of your nephew with the kitten - very cute too!